Monday, July 7, 2014

Made it through our first week!

We're here! Sorry about the absence but getting moved and down here was a lot more hectic than I thought it would be! The day we moved in Kendra was at the hospital having her baby :) So her mother-in-law was here with her other children when we came barreling in with all our boxes and our kids. Aaron and I have never lived with older kids before so that'll take some getting used to. 

James and Kendra got home Sunday with their new little bundle. James' mom stayed until Thursday, and there were visitors coming and going so least to say it was a crazy week. Hopefully things will get a little more settled this week and next week. Aaron is in Charlotte today finishing his training, and he officially starts his new job tomorrow. 

Oh, just in case you were curious, here's the back story to our little move:

When I became pregnant with Samuel I lost my job as a CNA (last August, long story) and I applied and applied but never did get hired on anywhere else, even after his birth. So for almost the last year we've really been struggling financially. We've barely been able to pay our mortgage let alone afford that plus everything else needed for us and two children under two.

We'd been praying and praying for God to show us what we needed to do, for someone to hire me, for Aaron to get a raise, for SOMETHING to happen. James and Kendra had come to visit us one weekend and we hadn't mentioned anything about this to them. Little did we know they had been having their own talks and while they were up they presented us with a plan that included us moving in with them. In South Carolina. 

Aaron and I went back and forth for a long time, he had a list of cons while I had a list of pros. We prayed more and more, and when we finally gave into the plan and gave it over to God all the doors opened up. Aaron submitted his resume, the next day got a call from an employer, and was offered the job the next week. We couldn't argue that this is where God wanted us to go.

So here we are! Now that we've survived our first week there's so much I need to get done! DMV, car insurance, getting in with a new doctor, on and on. 

I'm hoping to do at least one post a day if not more. So I hope you continue to follow along on this new chapter in our lives! Samuel & I hope you have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment